PUBLISHER/DEVELOPER GAMING CONTENT GUIDELINES
WHO ARE WE
We are Kinetic Games! These are our terms (“Guidelines”) for individuals
that want to publish our
game content online.
We are registered in England and Wales under company number 12966685 and
have our registered
office at Stag Gates House, 63/64 The Avenue, Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom, SO17
1XS. We are a video games developer and publisher; for more information see
or contact us by emailing email@example.com.
We are passionate about allowing our gamers the freedom to express
themselves whilst enjoying the
games we create. To ensure that you do so fairly, we have set out the following guidelines under
which you may publish gameplay and screenshots from our games (“Gaming Content”).
These Guidelines are only applicable if you are a content creator publishing Gaming Content by
uploading or livestreaming. If these Guidelines apply to you, by publishing any Gaming Content you
confirm acceptance of these Guidelines and agree to comply with them. These Guidelines apply to
any and all material which you publish that incorporates, or is published in connection with, Gaming
If you do not agree to these Guidelines or these Guidelines do not apply to you, you must not
our Gaming Content without our written permission.
We may change these Guidelines from time to time. When we do we will post the changes on our
website. Please refer to the latest version before sharing your content.
- PUBLISHING RIGHT
- No rights are granted under these Guidelines unless
- Subject to you complying with these Guidelines, you may
monetise videos of Gaming Content through online live streaming websites, such as:
- Twitch; and
- Your monetisation of Gaming Content may include advertising
and partner programs of live
streaming services and any other forms of monetisation that comply with these Guidelines.
- You may only use Gaming Content which has been officially
released to the public, or from
promotional materials officially released such as product trailers.
- You are not permitted to imply or state that you or your
publications are officially affiliated
with, sponsored, endorsed or approved by us unless we give you written permission.
- Sound effects from our games may not be published separately
to their ordinary form and
appearance in Gaming Content.
- These Guidelines apply to each part of any Publication as
well as to its whole.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- You acknowledge that we are the owner or the licensee of all
intellectual property rights in
our games and the Gaming Content.
- You may not sell any videos, music or images that you have
created using our content or
any other unauthorised intellectual property content of a third party.
- If you want to use the intellectual property of a third
party (e.g . music) together with Gaming
Content, you are responsible for obtaining any permission required from third parties.
note that some of the Gaming Content’s sound effects may not be owned by us, but instead
are licensed for use from an artist. As this varies from game to game, please be aware that
this may trigger content flags and potential removal of the video.
- Where you upload or livestream Gaming Content, you give us
irrevocable and perpetual
permission to reproduce, upload, link to and refer to the Gaming Content and any content
incorporating Gaming Content you have published.
- CONTENT STANDARDS
- We will determine, in our sole discretion, whether a
Publication breaches these Guidelines.
- A Publication must:
- be accurate (where it states facts);
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions)
- be lawful; and
- comply with all laws applicable in the USA, England and/or any
other country from
which it is posted.
- A Publication must not:
- breach any applicable local, national or international law or
- be unlawful or fraudulent or have any unlawful or fraudulent
purpose or effect;
- be defamatory of any person;
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- include child sexual abuse material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion,
nationality, disability, sexual
orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any
- be likely to deceive any person;
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a
contractual duty or a duty of
- breach our End User Licence Agreement;
- feature pirated software;
- promote any illegal content or activity;
- 6 be in contempt of court;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause
inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harm, harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any
- impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or
affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that the Publication emanates from us, if
this is not the case;
- advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any
unlawful or criminal act
such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have
reasonable grounds for
believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be,
published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other
inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism; or
- contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to
- BREACH OF THESE GUIDELINES
- We have the right to require you to remove, take down and/or
delete any Publication for any
reason. Reasons we may do this include, but are not limited to , where we believe the
Publication, or a part of it, is unlawful, infringing, inappropriate or not compliant with
- Failure to comply with these Guidelines constitutes a
upon which you are permitted to publish Gaming Content, and may result in our taking all or
any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to
- requiring you to immediately, temporarily or permanently remove
- issue of a warning to you;
- 4 legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs
on an indemnity basis
(including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting
from the breach;
- further legal action against you; and/or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities
as we reasonably feel
is necessary or as required by law.
- We exclude our liability for all action we may take in
response to breaches of these
Guidelines. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may
take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- LAW AND JURISDICTION
- If you are a consumer, please note that the terms of these
Guidelines, their subject matter
and their formation are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of
England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of
Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident
of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
- If you are not a consumer, the terms of these Guidelines,
their subject matter and their
formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We
both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
We hope that the above Guidelines are clear. However, please understand
that we may not be able
to respond to individual enquiries regarding these Guidelines. If you still have questions, you may
contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org